What is Personalized Learning?
Personalized learning is a learner-driven instructional model that fosters 21st century skills by empowering every student to actively co-design their learning path, pace, and environment according to their individual needs, strengths, and interests. Simply put, at the core of personalized learning is learner agency.
Under the CPS vision, personalized learning will:
- Improve access for all students to new models of teaching and learning
- Improve academic and social-emotional outcomes for students
- Empower teachers to tailor instruction and achieve greater professional satisfaction
- Foster 21st century skill-building and learning experiences
- Engage families through authentic connections to their communities and out-of-school learning opportunities